Sunday, February 24, 2013

I learned a couple of days ago that my accountant for over 15 years passed away after complications from a fall. This is not someone who was elderly and fragile, so it must have been a bad one. His firm had been updating us (his clients) on his condition and for a bit it seemed like he had stabilized.

There are people in this world who are true originals, and he was one. He lived life the way he wanted to, and through doing that, inspired and helped thousands. He was an avid biker (I believe that he and his son rode their motorcycles through Europe) and a rebel with a good heart, super sharp brain and most certainly a cause. Not only that, he "got" life and wasn't afraid to lay it on the line and say exactly what was on his mind. He helped me out immensely through the years. A former IRS employee who specialized in entertainment professionals and freelancers, he hated corporate and government bullies and used his insider knowledge to put the money back into the pockets of those who earned it and could use it the most. I feel incredibly lucky to have known him, and to witness well...him just being him and thriving because of it.

RIP Mick Schneider. You mattered and made a difference. Your reach is far, and you touched thousands. You lived by example, so now that your work is done here, ride that wide open highway in the sky...helmet off.

5 comments:

Kacey said...

I don't even know the guy and got a little teary. Superbly written.

Anne said...

Kacey, thank you so much. He inspired it, I was just telling it like it was. Happy to hear his spirit touched you too.

Arvind Kelkar said...

How Lucky you are to come in contact with such a person. Thanks for sharing.
Best Wishes.

batplug said...

Hello???? Is anybody ....out there?
I miss your postings! Please com back.

Anne said...

Thank you Arvind, always good to hear from you.

Batplug. I know, I'm so sorry, and you're very kind to say so. I just needed a reprieve, but I'm back!