Thursday, February 17, 2011

I had a nice surprise this last week. I lost just under three pounds which brought me to weighing in my one-teens, a weight that I haven't seen on the scale for well, like ever. I think the last time I weighed in my teens was in my early/mid twenties. It was a little shocking, because I'd just continued on my normal track, and wasn't trying to lose any weight, just to maintain. Shocked the hell out of me when I got on the scale, and provided the answer of why my pants were falling down more than usual. I'd already made my goal, so this put me under it.

For those of you that may find this alarming. Don't. This happened with me indulging a few times this week, and still eating as I regularly do. I don't want to lose too much weight and will be making sure that doesn't happen. I think this is my metabolism having adjusted, as well as my eating habits. I eat more times a day and smaller portions. However, this little surprise brought my total weight loss up to 26 pounds. This has been such an wonderful process, to see my body adjusting positively and still get to life a normal life. Like I said, now that I'm at my goal weight, I indulge, but I guess it's how I indulge that's made the difference.

So, cool.

We have a three day weekend coming up, and I'll be hitting the sales. I went to the Barney's New York Warehouse sale last week at the LA Convention Center downtown. I stopped by the accessories table and was looking at a Miu Miu scarf when I felt a light touch on my right arm just below my shoulder, almost like a ghost's fingers on my skin. I looked up and saw a woman across from me who was working the sale. She looked at my arm and her eyes widened to two large saucers. She said, "Oh girl, don't move."

For some reason unknown to me, I remained calm. "What is it?" I knew that whatever it was, it was alive. I asked again, "What. Is. It?" Just then, I felt another brush on my shoulder.

"It just flew away, but it was big. Some bee or something. Big black and yellow stripes, would'a been the ambulance if it stung you kinda big."

When she described it further, I realized it wasn't a bee, but a hornet or yellow jacket. Glad I didn't see it, because my adrenaline would have shot up even more, perhaps alerting it and triggering a sting. Not what I'd come to get at the sale. But, I did end up buying the scarf.

I also finally bought my first Apple touch screen product, with the 32 meg iTouch. I have a Blackberry, and wasn't ready to make the jump to an iPhone yet. I absolutely love the iTouch and have been exploring on it and downloading apps. I even bought a dock so I can listen to my audiobooks at night on a decent set of speakers. It's the coolest thing. It has a two-way camera lens. With one tap, I can change which way the camera shoots video or a picture, away from me or toward me. I discovered that by accident. Sure, I could RTFM, but what's the fun in that?