Friday, January 07, 2011

I'm pretty sure that I've lost my gorgeous, one of a kind, hand-crafted Calleen Cordero cuff. I've searched everywhere for two weeks. I fear that I inadvertently knocked it off my bathroom counter into my trashcan and didn't see it when I emptied it out into the garbage bag. This was about two or three weeks ago, and aside from it being in an excellent hiding place, I think that's what happened.

The irony is, that before I realized it was missing and not just playing hard to get, I went there on Thursday, the day before Christmas Eve and bought another cuff from Calleen Cordero. This one isn't a turquoise one, but a leather cuff with the beautiful metal accents. She just rules. I haven't lost complete hope for the other one, but I'm resigned and have dealt with it emotionally if it is indeed gone. A shame, but in my search for it I found my beloved kitty ring that I was sure was lost.

If it doesn't turn up in a few weeks, I fully intend to replace it. I heard that she planned to retire the cuff, but hopefully they'll take pity on me and since I'm an existing customer, they'll make one. I'm going to bring a picture of mine and ask if they can get as close to the look and type of stone as possible. All are unique.

I have perspective on it. I loved the cuff but no one died. I got to enjoy it for seven months and got hundreds of compliments on it. And, it even brought me a free year of Flickr Pro. I'll miss it, but it isn't the end of the world. And, hopefully I can get another one.

My New Year's post is coming soon.