Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yeah, I know.

I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and blog. Outside, at Starbucks, a soft wind blowing, and the realization that I really needed to put lotion on my hands today. Not a purty sight. There's a drug store a few doors down and I'm going to slip in there and rub one of their samples over my dry mitts. They have several fancy lotions, candles and perfumes, and samples galore. I should have known, having taken an extra long shower this morning that I'd leave myself with hands that look like crepe paper.

The job is going really well, and my contract was just renewed for a few more months. They are very happy with my work, and I'm happy to be there. I feel like I've gotten my life back in a way, and that's a great feeling. It was one of my favorite jobs, and even though I knew it was contract, and still do, it was hard to let go. Though I'm prepared for anything, it will again be hard to let go when the time comes. Especially, when you get to go to release events like the Toy Story 3 we all went to last week. Disney knows how to throw a party, that's for sure.

As celebration of my contract getting extended, I bought this:

My new cuff from Calleen Cordero

It's a handcrafted leather cuff by Calleen Cordero. I was on a weeks long waiting list for it and got the call on Friday that three had come in. I came in and chose my turquoise stone, then wore it out of the store. It's just gorgeous in person, and every cuff is unique. Also, the shopping experience there is extremely pleasant. You can tell the people really like working there and love the product.

I found out about the cuff in a very interesting way. After a business trip to New York, I happened to be on the same airport parking lot shuttle with a woman who was wearing one and noticed it immediately. I asked her where she got it, and she shocked me when she said, "I made it." Turns out, she was Calleen Cordero herself, and after a nice conversation, she gave me her card. Months later, I visited her store on Beverly Blvd. to buy one and found it was the "it" cuff right now. Meaning, sold out. This is also because not many exist. I put myself on the waiting list and now I'm the proud owner of my own. She makes bags, belts and incredible shoes which I plan to add to my collection. And yes, they are all handcrafted.

Me in my shawl my mom and Jack bought for me in Turkey I also mentioned that my mom and Jack brought me back some "pretty things" from Turkey. I'd requested for them to bring me back some pretty things, and they went overboard. This is a picture of the shawl they bought for me in Istanbul. I just love it! It's beyond soft, and get this, the colors go perfectly with the stone on my cuff. Not planned at all, but when synchronicity happens I don't question it. They are in France now and yep, I requested some more pretty things. What can I say? I like pretty things.

Otherwise, things are peachy and rolling along.

Lastly, here is your Oliver cuteness for the day. He's doing really well and happy, and even becoming sort of a talker. He's become a lap cat... a very HEAVY lap cat at 17 pounds. It's all cat, fur, muscle and bones. He's a Maine Coon cat, and they are just that big. Atticus, meanwhile, sleeps on my head every night and it's just adorable, while Scout curls up beside me. I took this picture of Oliver when he was on my couch. It's a phone pic, but I think turned out pretty well! I mean... look at my adorable, big furry ball of love!

Oliver again looking adorable.