Saturday, February 06, 2010

View from my mom's front door in Baltimore

My mom took this picture from her front stoop in Baltimore. While we got soaked with monsoon-like rains yesterday, Baltimore, DC, Virginia and other East Coast areas got this. Hope you all are being safe, and please be careful. Make sure your clothes dryer vents are clear of snow before using, same with heaters and any other appliances that vent outdoors or have air intake. Lastly, make sure your car exhaust pipe is unblocked if you're going to be sitting in your car with the engine running. Every year people die from carbon monoxide poisoning because they didn't check those simple things.

I remember the Baltimore winter storm of 2003, my first winter after eight years in Los Angeles. We got 27 inches then. Send me your snow pics if you've got good ones. Maybe I'll post them here. :)