Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Michael Jackson hoopla has come and gone. Tuesday morning, I counted twelve helicopters buzzing around my apartment before I went to work. And, they shut down freeways for it. All during the day, the helicopters would return for news updates. In the early morning as I still laid in bed, I heard a bunch of French speaking people pass by my bedroom window. I have no idea if the two were related, but there were people from all over the world who had come to "be there" and a lot of them were French. And, we have several hotels around due to the studios being so near. Luckily, it didn't affect our area the way that it could have. I think people took the hint to stay away. Same with the downtown memorial.

I finally, finally got my refund checks. On top of that, I got a freelance check along with them so I had a total of five nice checks to deposit into my account. God, did that feel awesome. I couldn't believe it when I saw them there. Of course, they come when my finances are vastly improved and back to normal, but I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm glad they came now.

Yesterday, I was on standby to possibly go to the 90210 set where they were using some of our products for a scene, but I never got the call. Apparently, they knew or figured out how to set it up. I wouldn't have known how yet, but I had some people on standby who did. I would have just been the person to put both together and be there to accommodate extra requests and make sure everything went smoothly. So far, the job continues to be great and challenging in all the right ways. I also got a really nice compliment from my freelance job at the network regarding the work I did for them. I'll miss them, as I enjoyed that work and they too were awesome to work with.

So, that's it. I'm settling into this new routine and every day get my bearings a little better. Now, to start exercising again. I went for a swim in the pool yesterday and my body relished at the movement and use of it. It's been too long, but I'm almost at the point of not being able to stand it any longer. Luckily, I respond really well to exercise and see results quickly. It's the motivation I need to work on, but luckily the company supports healthy living and will pay part of a gym membership. I already belong to one, but am considering going with a trainer for a couple days a week and that helps with the entire cost. I don't look at that as a luxury, but a necessity and as prevention. Plus, better, quicker results. My swim had me feeling wonderfully tired at a decent time of night, which was a first in a very long time.