Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I hope everyone in the States had a happy Thanksgiving. I went to Cathy and Reese's and had dinner, then a jacuzzi and naked shower under the stars. That was just to see if you were paying attention. Of course, only the ladies participate in the jacuzzi and we shower separately. Oh get your minds out of the gutter! It's been a tradition for years and years after dinner at their house.

There's something about showering under the moon, inky black sky and stars as the steam from the hot water rises toward the heavens. Their backyard is very private, and Reese built an outdoor shower right next to the jacuzzi. Magnificent idea. For those of you that own your own homes, if the privacy in your backyard permits, I highly recommend it. In the summer, nothing beats skinny dipping at night in a darkened pool that's baked under the 100+ degree sun all day under the pool cover. It's like swimming in a huge warm bathtub. And, there's something primal about it, too...almost like you're being born again. And yes, they have a pool, too.

In all seriousness though, my belated list of things I'm thankful for are all of you who helped Oliver during my fundraiser. He's sitting next to me in the cat tree, happily fed and just well...happy. You guys rock.

And of course I'm thankful for my family, friends, kitties and health, even though I'm going through a scary patch right now with my days and nights mixed up. I have a feeling though, were there purpose for me to get up earlier along with a schedule to force me to do it, that would change. It's never been this much of a fight before though. Luckily, I've chosen to make the time mostly productive. I work, write, read and yes, sometimes I just surf the web or watch TV. I do try to keep the latter two to a minimum though. So, aside from that little worry things are good. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm sleeping, just not at the times I'd like to.

I'm writing off finding any kind of full time work until after the first of the year. People just don't hire around the holidays. I have one freelance gig along with the half-time job, so things are tight. I'm ok about it though. I do feel, that in the long run, all of this will make sense. I think we're given certain opportunities to sort things out. And though I'd really like to be pulling in more cash, I believe this time is so I can do precisely that.

And...little by little I am.

No comments: