Thursday, September 18, 2008

My name is Oliver.

Oliver Photographed by Shannon

I'm the cat that everyone made a big fuss about. For those of you who don't know it, my story is here. My new owner is kind enough to type this for me. I wanted you all to know that I'm feeling so much better in my new home and am so very grateful to those of you who helped me get better. Below is a list of all of you who donated to help pay off my $2700 vet bill. You are really special people and should be proud of yourselves. Especially on days where you wonder if anything you do makes a difference. It does, and you did.

Those who have hotlinks have their own blogs or sites. My owner has been to them and says they are all very good. She says you better visit them, or else. So, here's to you:

Alex, Alicia, Amy, Anonymous and Jason
Sue, in Memory of her beloved cat Minnie
Abby, in Memory of her beloved cat, Beef Wellington
Jeanne, in memory of her beloved cat Vincent
Cliff, Barb, Brian, Ron, Jeanne, Jennifer, Julia
Bonnie @ Cathartic Ink
My family, Dale and Joan, Cousin Josie and Aunt Margy
Tom aka "The Ghost" aka "awesome upstairs neighbor"
Captain Dave...wow, an airline captain shelled it out for little old me.
Carrie and Brooke, my owner's former Barnes and Noble homies!
Greg B., David H., Elizabeth, Felix, James and Jill
Linda, from Australia in memory of her beloved cat Charlie
Sweetie
From cats, yes cats, Harvey and Sonar. Thanks guys! Way to look out for a brother.
Kristin, Laura, Lorna, Melissa, Tina, Peg, David, Karen and Rob (another fly boy!)
Brooke, Carrie
Cathy and Reese, and Greg my friend and former landlord in Baltimore!
Mark R. and Mark C.
Shannon
Sabrina
Sara @ Furious Muse
Taryn @ Adrasteia's Labyrinth

These are the people who they stepped up for me when I really needed it. Some are nearby. Some in Australia. Some are great knitters and have incredible work to show. One is a Korean War veteran, another a veterinarian. Some are my owner's family and friends. All have in common that they are super duper for helping me out, and many wrote letters that deeply touched my owner's heart or made her laugh.

Oliver Photographed by Shannon

I was scared when I was feeling sick. I was shaking and didn't know why I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. Before my new owner rescued me, I lived in a dirty, filthy place and didn't like it. There was nowhere to walk, sleep or play and it smelled bad. The girl who used to be my owner didn't know how to take care of cats, or herself really.

When I had to go to the hospital, I was frightened because I didn't know what was happening. Now that I've gotten that thing removed from my tummy I'm feeling much better. I even live with a couple more cats. My new owner plays with me and brushes me regularly. She also talks to me a lot, pets me, gives me belly rubs and hugs me. I get fresh food and water every day. And, when I need space she gives it to me. She keeps telling me how so many of you cared about me and how glad she is that there are so many good people in the world. So, thank you for caring. I'm already so much more happy and my coat looks so healthy and shiny.

I'm sure you'll hear a lot more about me on this blog because my owner tends to talk about things a lot here. She tells a lot of people who come to visit her all about you and how you pulled together to pay my vet bill.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my tail. I look forward to a long and happy life filled with love, thanks to you.

Love,
Oliver the Maine Coon cat

PS: My owner says to email her if she left anyone off the list or if those who are listed want their name to link to their site. Okay, time to go see if I can find any crickets to chase that got into the house.

No comments: