Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lots of updates, but this post will be short because I must get to bed.

The job interview that I went to on Tuesday turned out well. I got the job, and a really well-paying one at that. I beat out at least ten other candidates for a copywriting job at a major studio. Though I know my skills and experience are worth the salary, it's weird to be back in that playing field all of a sudden. It will be especially weird to get that first week's paycheck which will more than cover my entire month's rent. Jeez. How did that happen? Before the holidays even.

At my new gig, I'm not an employee but working as a contractor through my temp agency on a long term open-ended assignment. My first day went really well, as did my second. The people there are incredibly sweet and have great senses of humor. My boss is a total sweetheart and sharp, too. And again, it's close by to where I live.

I'm realistic though. I always prepare for the floor to drop out from underneath me without notice. Not because of anything I'll do, but because I've been at this a long time and know that anything can happen. Though this has been a wonderful turn of events, I'm keeping everything in perspective. Every day, I ask for strength to do my best at work.

And most important, they have a Starbucks in the commissary in the building across the street.

No comments: