Monday, August 20, 2007

A few days ago this was stuck to our wall above the mailboxes. CSI is going to film right next door tomorrow.

CSI Filming Notice

When I came home for lunch today, the set dressers were already moving the furniture into the apartment. This is the not so glamorous side of Hollywood, of which there are many.

CSI Set dressing

I took my own "CSI" photos the other day after hearing about an accident right across the street from me. It happened on Friday night/Saturday morning around 2:30am. I even heard it, but because I have fans on at night it sounded much further away than it was. It was a long squeal of tires on road and I remember thinking, "Hope you made the turn."

He didn't.

My neighbor was the first one on scene and called 911. I was told this by another neighbor who asked me if I'd seen it.

Thankfully, I hadn't. It was then that I remembered after the squeal I'd heard helicopters flying low. Normal for LA, but these hung around a long time.

A driver was speeding 80 miles an hour down the hill from Hollywood couldn't make the turn between the Warner Bros. lot and Triangle building. He went over a median, flipped his car, went airborne, pin-balled between two huge palm trees, one of which he took out, yes...took it out, damaged the Warner Bros. short wall as he flew over that, then landed in the yard of the Triangle building. Some of the occupants were ejected and there was one fatality, a 24-year-old kid who died at the scene.

The 22-year-old driver who was drunk, is going to be charged with 2nd-degree murder, possibly. This is what the aftermath looks like:

Drunk Driving Crash - Bloody Handprint

Drunk driving Crash Pants

Drunk Driving Crash - Blood

And this is the cost:

In Memory

Apparently the kid who died was a vet tech who loved animals. A senseless, sad loss.

There are more photos on my Flickr that are marked with "Drunk Driving Crash." Explanations are there.

Had he tried to go left, he would have probably slammed into our building. There was an article about it here.

No comments: