Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yes, a lot has happened since my last post which is why I haven't posted.

One, I landed a job right across the street in the entertainment industry. Go, me. It came as a last minute thing where I called a staffing agency, and they happened to need someone with my skills for that very job. Pay is decent, the hours are normal, and I am three minutes away from where I work. The only reason I drive is so that I have enough time to go home for lunch. Otherwise, were I willing to get up fifteen minutes earlier I'd walk. I'm not willing to get up fifteen minutes earlier and that would kill the amount of time I could spend at home for lunch.

The company consists of several buildings, and the one that I work in is on the other side of the lot. I'm proofreading movie and DVD collateral for a major studio. It's not creative, but it's within a creative department and the chances for moving around to a more creative position are probably pretty good. I'm a contractor, not an employee.

The boss is great, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby. What can I say?

It's been interesting work and I'm catching on pretty quickly. I've done this kind of work before, not for collateral but proofreading, so it's learning the systems and style guide. And like I said, I can go home for lunch and pet my cats, nap on the couch, have some "me" time in the middle of the day.

Speaking of "me" time, I must get to bed.

No comments: