Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm in the cafe again, eating a cheese pizza and sipping chilled green tea. We had a balmy day yesterday which last night turned into windy and cold. I had my windows wide open and it was incredible. Then, after my shower, the wind started to shriek and push the curtains toward the center of the room. My pretend summer was over, and it was back to winter. I shut the windows, then went back to winter mode. As the day goes on, it's gotten colder and I'm going to be glad for my gloves on the walk to and from the subway.

I'm still sitting with my decision to leave the show. I'm letting it settle, become a part of me before I write the thank you notes to those whom I worked for. I'm not making any drastic moves or anything, but know that my surroundings aren't going to be the same after a few months. It's weird, knowing that and sitting in my apartment, looking at things I know I'll be packing in the near future. But, it's a good weird.

The company I'm temping for has a nice atmosphere with nice people. I'm glad to have experienced it before I move on to whatever is next. Last Friday, they had a Ravens "tail gait" potluck and I baked chocolate chip meringue cookies that I brought into the mix. I know, not exactly tail gate food, but it's the thought that counts. They were received very well. A woman who is a Ravens fan organized it and it was really a nice time for everyone with lots of good food, even for people like me who don't follow the game. It was so cute seeing everyone in their purple and Ravens gear.

On Saturday, my mom's next door neighbor's invited me to their dinner party, which was quite the cool affair. I'll talk more about it later, but it was a gathering of successful arty types and a good time. They have a killer house, with a spiral staircase, not the metal kind but the grand winding kind with railing and all. The underside of it is painted like a Chinese dragon, therefore the ornately painted, colorful scaly beast spirals up to the third floor. Wicked.

I watched 24 over the Golden Globes. No contest for me. I just haven't been able to get excited about the Globes. When the Oscars are on, I half watch them as background when I'm doing something else. I chose wisely. 24 was awesome and I've been waiting forever for the premiere. All I can say is, holy shit!

I've been working feverishly on freelance writing work when I'm not at my temp job. I'm glad for the work and enjoying it, but it's made me tired. Today I could barely keep my eyes open at my desk. Luckily no one could see my struggle to retain my wakefulness. Now that I've eaten a large portion of comfort food, I feel another battle with the drowsies is near. The second half of the day is much easier though. It's all downhill.

So, I better get back and start making that trek. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

No comments: