Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just a quick post while I lunch in a cafe that has free wireless Internet. It's my second week at the temp job and it's been completely stress free. I go there, work, go home. There's something nice about paper pushing, though I wouldn't want to do it forever. I do leave with a sense of accomplishment though.

I just love taking the subway. I get a brisk walk before work, to the station and from the station, and the same after work. I love the freedom it provides, that I'm not saddled down with a car and don't have to worry about other drivers. It gives me time to listen to my music, to see other faces for more than just a glance, and to just "be" while I navigate the underground. I love the sound of the trains as they approach from afar and the wind they create from the tunnels. Pushed by the train, it starts as a caress on my face then wraps itself around me before it rushes off, blowing my hair back in its hurry to stay ahead of the train in a game of chase. It reminds me of the freedom of movement that I felt in New York. However, I'm glad I don't have to face New York every day. If Los Angeles had a reliable system when I lived there, I'd take it. It's the one thing I'd change about the place, but I just don't see how it could be done. They almost sank Hollywood Blvd. building the one that goes downtown.

Okay, back to work.

No comments: