Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Look at my gorgeous boy!

Scout

Yeah, my cats live a hard life. Right now, both are sacked out as I try to wind down to get to bed at a decent hour. Looks like some Amaretto on the rocks is in my future. Nothing like a good nightcap to put a period on the sentence of the day. Even if I do have to crush my ice by banging it against the Victorian marble fireplace mantel in a ziploc baggie.

My nephew was here all last week, and we did Artscape, which is in walking distance from my apartment as well as my mom and Jack's house. About three years in a row, I've not been impressed with the artists at Artscape for the most part. That is, the one's that show work in the booths. Better is the live entertainment.

Alec has a wild head of hair that tangles easily, so on his last night here I gave him a hair mask while he was in the bathtub. Yes, a hair mask. It's a deep conditioning and expensive hair product that I bought from the salon. To his credit, he was patient with me combing it through his wet hair and then keeping his head out of the water for almost ten minutes. Needless to say, when Alec got off the plane the next day, my sister couldn't believe how good his hair looked. We hadn't even told her about the mask. Yep, leave it to me to turn my nine year old nephew into a metrosexual.

Here he is, pre-hair mask, playing on a sculpture with another little boy. So cute.

Alec and new friend

It's been hard coming down off Los Angeles. I had a social life for a week, and now I'm back to none. I saw many friends and it was like I'd never left. I didn't feel a need to catch up for lost time and neither did they, because we all felt like we'd just seen each other yesterday. We just kind of picked up where we left off. The first day there was a little odd wandering around, as I had to acclimate to the level that LA operates on. Once there, and my blended mocha and a manicure and pedicure later, I was back in swing.

I'm working harder than ever to get back. I've set up a base of operations in my friends' house so that I have a local address and number. I can also call their machine to get messages as they have a multi-line answering machine. Hopefully, I'll get there sooner rather than later, but preferably after this unbelievable heat wave passes.

No comments: