Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I'll have more to write about my wonderful day today, but this one is just for you readers.

Thank you so much for all your kind letters through the years and for the sharing of your lives with me simply because I have a public blog. It is truly humbling. I'm just an imperfect person who happens to write about things. To think that is worthy of the letters that I've gotten absolutely floors me.

If I haven't written you back, it isn't because I haven't read your email or take it with a grain of salt. It's because I simply haven't gotten to you and a simple "thanks for writing" isn't enough for me to send to someone who took the step to offer your support, advice, and gift of your wisdom and experience to a complete stranger. Like so many things, wanting to write a worthy response freezes me into inaction or countless times of deleting email that I begin. Funny, because so many of you have told me you've done the same thing when writing to me. I promise I'll not do that anymore if you do the same.

So, to all of you, and particularly those of you who write whom I haven't responded to yet, this is a thank you on this day of Thanksgiving.

*Clink*

That's the sound of my cosmopolitan against the monitor as I toast to you all.

No comments: