Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I just have not been in the mood to write lately.

I think it's mainly because I'm busy with the LA job search and that has me writing cover letters. All cover letters are is a form of talking about myself in a way I would never do otherwise, and trying to convince a bored HR executive that I am a better candidate than the other toadstools who applied. Blogging makes it too much "self" in one day. Even when I don't write a cover letter, it's on my mind which is a drag. I'm excited about the opportunities out there, but the drudgery of the search isn't enjoyable in the least. I'm in this for the long run, and am not expecting things to happen overnight. This cannot be a quick fix, but a well thought out and carefully executed move. I just have to remember to eat, step away from the computer when I'm not being productive, and get out at least once a day. That's what Starbucks has been good for, but I'm tiring of the same scene. And like I've mentioned before, I'm becoming too well known there. Also, there are only two outlets to plug in laptops and those can become spoken for very quickly. Perhaps I should start going later in the night, but that can have its drawbacks too.

The dreary days don't help, and it's been dreary and cool outside. Today was no exception. These are the days where I just feel like sleeping, and then reading in bed.

But instead, I sent one more cover letter and resume.

No comments: