Friday, April 29, 2005

I know, it's been a few days. That is due to some unbelievable bullshit going on that has taken my full attention. I will detail it later, but can't right now. How's that for a tease and a cliffhanger?

On to better news.

The client loved my writing for the project. They took it on the first draft, which is really cool. It was the sci-fi job that I mentioned earlier, and I had a ton of fun writing it. I really let my imagination go, and how nice to get paid for that. This is great because of two things. One, I did the project through a high profile third party marketing firm which gets a lot of jobs like this. Two, the client is huge. So, nice to make a good first impression on them. Oh, and the company is in Los Angeles. No prospects yet, but doing a good job for a hip, reputable marketing firm and nailing a hole in one with the copy can't be all that bad.

I'll have to remember that when the dark thoughts visit. This recent "thing" I'm dealing with has opened the door for some of them. I've been angry a lot and for lack of a better description, feeling mean. I'm channeling that in the right areas though, and proceeding in a rational and constructive way to take care of what I need to do.

During this, I must remember to turn my thoughts to the positive things running parallel to the bullshit, and understand that because of the choices I've made in my life, I am connected to people in "high places" that can help me navigate through it. I know I'm being vague, but I have to right now. On a scale of world events, this isn't even a molecule. But in my world, it's a lot bigger.

No comments: