Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Classes have started and the art students are back. Good to see them walking around with their canvases and raw creative energy. On the contrary, I've been feeling pent up and frustrated, as I have yet to find a good outlet for what I know lays inside. Even though I've had some great triumphs, inside I feel as if it's just another day.

A while back, I mentioned going off my medication for a trial. At first it was wonderful, but it eventually became too much to bear. I'd forgotten about the other things associated with depression that I'd taken for granted. The irritable stomach, flash fire anger, the inability to concentrate or finish anything, and despair. So, after several weeks and earning the right to say that I tried, I went back on my low dose. Things are much better, but sometimes I fear not feeling like I did those first few weeks where the feelings were just right. Perhaps my next trial is a lower dose.

There is a new book about our show, called, "The Wire: Truth be Told," that I worked on. I worked on fact checking, editing, and co-wrote the glossary. I also worked with authors to get their essays for the book, and famous Broadway play creators. It was a long labor and I worked hard on it, and checked things again, and again, down to making sure dialogue was correctly quoted from the episodes where it appeared in the book. I'm credited in the acknowledgments in the back of the book. If you see it in a book store and give a shit, take a gander, as I'm there. Plus, it's a great book with the history of the show and the story line. Great stuff. For those of you who live in New York City, there is a book signing there this Wednesday, September 15th at 1:30PM at Borders Wall Street at 100 Broadway, with the show's creator, David Simon, cast members Dominic West, Sonja Sohn, and Idris Elba, as well as the book's author, Rafael Alvarez.

Our premiere is at MICA this Saturday, three blocks from my apartment. I've decided to take my mom, as she's the one who got me watching the show in the first place. I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Perhaps I'll go shopping one of these evenings or on Saturday. I love the fact that I'm going to be able to walk to the premiere. Now that's convenience. Since I won't be driving, hopefully there will be a nice selection of alcoholic beverages.

If you haven't noticed on the left hand side of my blog, I'm trying out the new Google Ads. I can live with them, as they don't really mess with the design and they aren't advertising things like how to enlarge certain parts of the male anatomy. They actually tailor to the content that I write about in my blog, so they are different for every page, which is kind of cool. It's a way to get some extra pocket change, so every time that you come back, click on an ad (or two) and help me pay for some art classes! I also want to see how this works. So far, it's been really fun to track the click through rate.

I'm trying to update this blog more often, but as I said have felt uninspired. It's not because things are going better for me. That is soon enough to come to a close, as my world will once again change at the end of October. I'm actually looking forward to the end of this job, just for the sake of having completed it and to be able to say, I did that. I am glad that there is a solid end, so I will not drift in it for too long. I have no idea what will come next, but as always, something does.

No comments: