Saturday, September 11, 2004

America, interrupted.

On the third anniversary since that horrible day, take the time to read some of the compelling, heart-wrenching, and honest accounts from those who were there or watched the events unfold on television. They answer the question, "Where were you?" on September 11th, 2001.

I discovered a site like this one when I myself was searching for answers, comfort, for anything to sway my disbelief, and feeling of isolation after September 11th. The initial site that had the stories is now gone, so I offer this one. It's probably one of the best collections of links of the accounts of September 11th from a personal standpoint, including photographs in some of the blogs from people who witnessed the horror in person. I suggest it because the way we all felt that day is easy to forget, or minimize as time passes. And while we should not wallow, we should not forget the colossal tragedy of that day and the reverberating effects that it had on us as individuals.

In memory of the victims. In memory of that other America.

2 comments:

Travel / Surf Guy said...

Hi Anne, I've just posted on my blog exactly where I was at the time - crazy that this was 10 years ago as it just seems like yesterday.

take care

Anne said...

I saw and very much appreciate you sharing your story. For some reason, this post published at the top of my blog, but now I've fixed it. :). Totally true about seeming like yesterday. Can't believe it's been 10 years.