Saturday, July 26, 2003

Yes, a new picture. And a new look.

It's about time, as the photo that I took of myself on the can at The Plaza Hotel in New York City has been up there for almost a year. This photo was taken by my great friend Shannon, an amazingly talented photographer.

I will be playing around more with the look of this blog for a bit, as it hadn't really changed since I started it. Same picture, until now that is, and same colors, again, until now. I've grown tired of them. I've changed since then, so will the look of the blog. There are much better ways this site could be designed than the clunky logo and picture side by side, but I know just enough HTML to be dangerous. Dangerously bad. Same goes for Photoshop. One of these days, I've always said, I'll sit down and learn Photoshop and how to design Web pages. However, it obviously hasn't been that important to me or I would have done it by now. I get bored and ancy when sitting for too long at a desk in front of a computer screen. I concentrate much better when what I'm doing involves my hands or some sort of physicality along with my brain. I'm not complaining. It keeps me thin.

At some point, I also want to add a photo blog. That task should be easier. I think there exists some "ready made" McCode for photoblogs.

I haven't gotten to the archives yet, but will. For now, if you want to look at the old picture, especially now that you know the story behind the photo, go to the archives home page.

So alas, Straight from the hip is growing up a bit. Even if I haven't.

No comments: